Translate This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Dragon*Con 2012

Just got back from one of the biggest multi-genre geek conventions in the US, Dragon*Con.  I'm very tired, but had a great time.  Here are a few choice pictures of me and my family in a couple of our costume sets.  All costumes were made by my wife, who runs A Touch Of Magic Costumes.

These are pictures of us as Snow White, Prince Charming, Emma, and Henry from the TV show, Once Upon A Time.




These are pictures of us as steampunk versions of the Thundercats, which I guess you can call "Steamcats".






Yes, we're a bit crazy and geeky, but at least we can do it as a family!  Not your typical family, but we have a lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I love it when families can find a common ground and create such wonderful memories when they all share something like this. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read for a long time, but this is my first comment. :)

    I go to anime conventions - I know, just about as dorky! It's super adorable to see families all dressed up - there was a baby dressed as a Moogle a couple years ago. I think it's awesome that families can do stuff like this together!

    You guys look fantastic, btw. :) Awesome costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Myrna and Dezirae from Houston Texas,
    We really enjoyed reading your blog. We are aspiring veterinarians and would like to ask what inspired you to become a veterinarian. Also we were wondering what your stand on euthanization of animals in animal shelters is. One day we would like to open our own animal shelter and we were wondering if you could give us some tips on what we will need to be prepared for. Again we love your blog and thank you for everything.
    Myrna and Dezirae

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were amazing pictures, Dr. Bern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment on my blog! Please be aware that due to spammers putting links in their comments I moderate every comment. ANY COMMENTS WITH AN EXTERNAL LINK NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC WILL LIKELY BE DELETED AND MARKED AS SPAM. If you are someone who is posting links to increase the traffic to another website, save me and you the time and hassle and simply don't comment. To everyone else.....comment away! I really do enjoy hearing from readers!