Translate This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dismember My Dog, Please

I know I've already posted once today, but I was reading one of my favorite sites, Not Always Right, and came across the following exchange, reported from a vet clinic in Madison, Wisconsin.

Me: “Thank you for calling [pet clinic]. How may I help you today?”
Client: “My dog is due for it’s dismemberment shot.”
Me: “Distemper? We can set up an appointment for that.”
Client: “Yes, dismemberment. I need my dog to get his dismemberment shot.”
Me: “Distemper.”
Client: “How much is the dismemberment shot?”
Me: “The distemper vaccine is [vaccine]. Would you like to set up an appointment for your dog to receive the distemper vaccine?”
Client: “Yes, please. I would like you to dismember my dog.”

Frankly, I can't think of any witty comment to follow that.  So there you go.