Translate This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yes, Males Have Them

One of my favorite humorous web sites is Not Always Right. Today I came across this post under the title "Nip-Picking".  Though I've not dealt specifically with this situation, the idea of males having nipples seems to be a strange concept for many people to understand and I've certainly had to try to convince clients of this biological fact..  Enjoy this real-life encounter.

Nip-Picking

Vet | Ontario, Canada
(A customer brings her dog to the front desk in a panic.)
Customer: “My dog has fleas, so I need you to help me. I have been using the flea medication you gave me, but I can still see flea eggs.”
Me: “Ma’am, you can see flea eggs?”
Customer: “I have been trying to pick them off, but they seem to be stuck.”
Me: “Ok, can you show me the eggs you have been trying to pick off?”
(Customer lifts up the dog to show me it’s belly.)
Customer: “See! These!”
Me: “Ma’am, those are not flea eggs, they are his nipples.”
Customer: “Nipples? But he’s a male, how does he have nipples? They have to be flea eggs.”
Me: “I assure you, he has no fleas, and the ‘eggs’ you have been trying to pick off are in fact his nipples.”
Customer: “Get the vet, you don’t know what you’re talking about, he’s a male! He can’t have nipples.”
Me: “Ma’am, do human males have nipples?”
Customer: *stares blankly for a moment* “Well s***!” *walks out*

3 comments:

  1. In my area, clients usually think the nipples are engorged ticks. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Clark Grizwald sums up the nipple confusion quite well in this clip.

    http://movieclips.com/4ywV-a-bit-nipply-out/

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ive seen the "engorged tick" client.."but why are they all lined up in a row like that???"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment on my blog! Please be aware that due to spammers putting links in their comments I moderate every comment. ANY COMMENTS WITH AN EXTERNAL LINK NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC WILL LIKELY BE DELETED AND MARKED AS SPAM. If you are someone who is posting links to increase the traffic to another website, save me and you the time and hassle and simply don't comment. To everyone else.....comment away! I really do enjoy hearing from readers!