Translate This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

If Dr. Seuss Was A Vet

A veterinary friend of mine sent this to me on Facebook and I fell in love with it.  Though I think only those who work in the veterinary field can truly appreciate it, I hope everyone else can see the humor also.  I'm not sure who started this so I can't give credit.


If Dr. Seuss Was A Vet
I won't dispense it, Sam I am,
I won't dispense without exam.

I won't dispense it to your dog,
Although you'll bash me in a blog.

I won't dispense it to your friend,
Who yells at me without an end,

I won't dispense it for the ear,
For the eyes, or for the rear,

I won't dispense it though you yell,
How mean I am the world you'll tell!

I won't dispense it to your cat,
to your bird, or to your rat.

I won't give in--I'm standing tall.
Although you'll whine and cry and call.

I won't dispense it, Sam I am!
You can't have meds without exams!


3 comments:

  1. This is great - have you thought about framing this and putting this where clients can see it when they come in? It should be in every vet office lobby - in my humble opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...but the Bad Vets do it anyways. www.facebook.com/regretavet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't disagree with that, and it's frustrating to the rest of us vets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment on my blog! Please be aware that due to spammers putting links in their comments I moderate every comment. ANY COMMENTS WITH AN EXTERNAL LINK NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC WILL LIKELY BE DELETED AND MARKED AS SPAM. If you are someone who is posting links to increase the traffic to another website, save me and you the time and hassle and simply don't comment. To everyone else.....comment away! I really do enjoy hearing from readers!