Translate This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Expanding Opportunities

More and more this blog seems to be affording me some unique opportunities.  I've been able to connect with people around the world and in every hemisphere, I've reconnected with a client, and I've been able to share my knowledge to a far wider audience than I ever imagined.  Though I'm far from a big-time blogger, this whole thing has grown bigger than I realistically thought would happen.

Recently I was interviewed for an online college website, talking about what it takes to become a vet.  You can find the article here.  The interviewer paraphrased a few of my statements, but the answers are mine.  These are also similar questions that I have answered in this blog on previous occasions, so long-time readers may find some similarities.  And since I've gone through these questions before, I probably won't answer them again and will instead direct inquiries to previous posts and this article.

It's interesting how our world has change and how information now spreads.  In modern times bloggers are often well known and sometimes have real influence and power (just look at elections in the last few years).  When I graduated vet school in 1997 the Internet was well established, but still hadn't reached its potential.  Things like Google, Wikipedia, and blogging wasn't yet known.  Look how far we've come over the last decade! 

There is another big opportunity that I've been given and has developed over the last 10 days.  I'm not ready to fully detail what's going to happen, but things should be settled within a few weeks and then I can share and we can Gab about it.