Translate This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spammers Must Die

Over the last few weeks I've been having more and more spammers post comments with links to outside web sites.  Up until now I've simply deleted these comments as soon as I noticed them, but my frustration has been building.  I already have the comments set up where you have to manually enter a code to help prevent bots from posting automatically.  Apparently the bots have found a way around this or some of the spammers have determined that they should spend their time hunting down small blogs like mine and posting links to unrelated and sometimes offensive sites.

Well, I'm going to have to put a stop to that.  For the time being I'm going to have to approve all comments posted here.  I'm not a fan of censorship and welcome any opinions contrary to mine (as long as they are posted intelligently and respectfully), so I'll continue to make all non-spam comments public.  But be aware that any comments made will have to go through my email so I can better weed out (and hopefully report) spammers from this blog.

Frankly, I don't see why they do this.  I know it may increase traffic on their site, but this is annoying throughout the internet, and usually results in getting banned or blocked.  Yes, it must be worth their time or they wouldn't do it.  But whatever happened to common courtesy and respect?  Obviously, they don't have it.