Translate This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Day In The Life Of A Veterinarian....The Harsh Reality

This will be a short post today, as I want to direct my readers to another vet's blog.  Earlier this year she wrote a thorough, eye-opening, and all too truthful post about what a veterinarian's day is really like.  I just found out about it recently (thanks, Fi!).  I think this is something that all pet owners and people aspiring to the profession need to read and understand.  She said it much better than I ever have.  Seriously, take some time from reading my blog and go to hers.  Here's the link:

The Harsh Reality of Vet Med...What The World Needs to Understand

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I enjoy reading your blog, and your friend's blog was very eye opening and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I am an aspiring veterinarian and I find your posts really interesting. One thing that does concern me in this field is the long hours (50+ for some of the veterinarians that I have shadowed) leading to compassion fatigue and depression. My veterinarian committed suicide last year, and in her last years she was extremely burnt out. Are these long hours and standing for 8-10 hours straight something common for most clinics or newly grads? I personally think it's important to have a good work life balance to perform best in this career, but does that even exist?

    Thank you so much for your advice !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment on my blog! Please be aware that due to spammers putting links in their comments I moderate every comment. ANY COMMENTS WITH AN EXTERNAL LINK NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC WILL LIKELY BE DELETED AND MARKED AS SPAM. If you are someone who is posting links to increase the traffic to another website, save me and you the time and hassle and simply don't comment. To everyone else.....comment away! I really do enjoy hearing from readers!