Translate This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

It's Pumpkin Season!

Here in the US we really celebrate Autumn, Halloween, and everything related to it.  Over the last few years one of the biggest and fastest growing trends has been pumpkin spice flavoring.  It's becoming almost comical how many products come out with a pumpkin variety this time of year. 
And I love it!
Yes, I'm one of those weirdoes who will consume just about anything pumpkin flavored.  These companies are marketing to me when the make these seasonal varieties.  Look at some of my recent purchases.
I know that this has been ingrained into the public consciousness (at least here in the US) enough that memes are all over social media.

 

 




Some of my friends have ranted because Fall doesn't officially start until September 22nd, so the fact some of these products came out while it was still technically Summer bothers them.  I can sympathize, as I get frustrated at how early Christmas is advertised by retailers.  But at the same time I am so excited to have all of my pumpkin products!

This time of year reminds me of the scene in Forrest Gump where Bubba is talking about all of the ways to make shrimp....



But in my case, it's pumpkin!  Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice cereal, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin snickerdoodles, pumpkin pie Pop Tarts......

Someone actually made a meme about that!


I have only a few months to enjoy this pumkiny goodness, and I'm going to take full advantage of it.