Translate This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

It Makes A Difference

Life isn't easy. I think it's safe to assume that everyone knows that. As you get older, it often seems harder. You have bills, a mortgage, house upkeep, kids, and so on. Lately, it seems like the world is going crazy. The economy is in trouble, the stock markets around the world are crashing and burning, gas prices are high despite decreasing oil prices, and the presidential candidates are probably the worst choices we've had. Sometimes I want to turn off TV and ignore the world because of all the bad news that constantly bombards us. Stresses at work never seem to let up, and it's a struggle to make ends meet. It can really be hard to find the joy in life.

That's why I'm glad that I'm a Christian. The Bible never says that when we become a Christian that life will suddenly be sunshine and roses. It never says that our life will be without troubles. In fact, it says that we're pretty much guaranteed problems. However, it does say that throughout it all, God will always be there. No matter how hard things are, He is there to hold our hand and guide us through it.

I'm not sure how many of you who read this are Christians. Those who are probably know what I'm talking about. Having faith in Jesus and believing in Him doesn't take the stresses away. But knowing that I have His support, and knowing that when this life is over I have a much better place to go....well, that really makes a difference.